Thursday, October 16, 2003

Americans Must be Global - or risk our future

When the world is a blank slate to Americans, our leaders can manipulate the public. To be a valuable, educated citizen, Americans need to travel the world and write about what they see. We cannot be a global superpower and know nothing about our global neighbors. It's like driving at night without lights.

Maybe that's why I kept a journal as I traveled and saw things. I grew up on a farm. But the travel gave me the insight to predict 9 11. Here's an excerpt from one trip:

DAMASCUS, Syria - It was raining in the night when our Lufthansa flight landed in Damascus. It was December, 1996, my first trip to Syria. The few who knew about the trip were convinced I would be shot on sight. Our mission was to get a 12-year old Texas girl out of Sidon, Lebanon - the headquarters of the terrorist group Hezbollah.

So there I was, within 70 miles of Beirut and Iraq on the eastern border. Travel into Lebanon by Americans was forbidden at the time so we picked Damascus, only a few miles from the Lebanon border.  On the plane flight from Houston I pulled out the latest Wall Street Journal and read an article about an underground chemical/biological weapons plant somewhere near Damascus. Twenty hours later we were driving through the dark, watching posters of President Assad flash by in the headlights...

----

How'd it come out? I died of course. (Full story is located at: http://www.intlegalgroup.com/generic124.html)  No, but it is part of a book I'm writing on America's future. A globally savvy citizen cannot be deceived and is a valuable asset in our future. Seek out the world Americans. We need more global Americans like you.

No comments: